Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The chance you missed is the choice you've made

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

Thank you Shashank for tagging me in your post at embarkwithmythoughts.

I woke up in my bed after a the long night, hung over. The smell of rum which I had all night with her was all over my bed. The hangover was killing me even after a seven hour sleep and I just wished it go off after I have my tea, as usual.

I had to be there in the next half an hour and I had to hurry because it takes approximately twenty minutes to travel. I could have still shaved my beard and gone but, no! I was worried that I would be late if I do so.

I came back from the bathroom attached to my room and I could see her still sleeping with the sheets on. She looked even more beautiful while she was asleep.

"Get back to your work you idiot or you will have to keep watching in this bedroom for few more days until you have your next interview" I said to my self. I went back to combing my hair and my beard. The perfume I was wearing was pleasant enough to impress any girl around me.

I kissed her on her cheeks and started my journey for the day, to give my best and to grab my job. The sunny day and it's sun light wished me a good luck as I rode my bike.

I reached the place and I was on time. It took exactly twenty minutes for me to travel, as expected. The moment I went in, I was received as if they are waiting me, they were expecting me. I went in and sat on the the only chair opposite to the other three. All their questions were addressed correctly. As a matter of fact I felt as if it was one of the best interview I've faced.

Source: Google Images

But, things don't end when you think they would.

"I'm sorry Mr. Jude.! You did not qualify the last round", said the man in the third chair in front of me. "Did I miss anything?" I asked. "It's your beard sir! You are not shaved and you were expected to be in clean shave." they said.

I just left the room and came out thinking that I would not be able to get another interview with this company for another six months. Oh man!! It was the best company in my locality and I have to travel few miles for another one like this.

"Honey! Honey! Wake up!!", I heard a voice and it was her shaking me from my dream. Thank God it was a dream. The first thing I did was to shave and then go to take a shower. Yes! I had a job waiting for me and I was making sure that I shouldn't be creating an impression that would make me disqualified or unfit for.

I would like to tag my blogger friends to blog about #WillYouShave activity too.

Shashank who blogs at https://embarkwithmythoughts.wordpress.com/
Cifar who blogs at http://blogthepoint.blogspot.in/

PS: Don’t forget to mention that you were referred by me me in your post.

Topics for Guys:

Missed chances- Stories or instances where you missed out on an opportunity because of a non-shaven face.

Luck or Confidence?- Will you leave your fate in the hands of destiny or will you step up and say yes to a well-groomed face to be at your best everyday? #WillYouShave.


Topics for Girls:

An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man’s chance to make a good impression.

An instance when a well groomed look ensured that they struck gold on an opportunity given to them.

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for tagging me , I have accepted your tag Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats one hell of a scary dream.. And thank heavens that it was just a dream...
    All the best for the contest!

    ReplyDelete